Search This Blog

Friday 16 June 2017

Quotes 17 Jun 17

"If men will not be governed by the Ten Commandments, they shall be govned by the ten thousand commandments." G.K. Chesterton

"Gentlemen, I am a Catholic. As far as possible, I go to Mass every day. This (taking a rosary out of his pocket) is a rosary. As far as possible, I kneel down and tell these beads every day. If you reject me on account of my religion, I shall thank God that he has spared me the indignity of being your representative.”- former Liberal MP, Hillare Belloc.
He won with a landslide.

"In crosses and miseries, think of Him as a "Father of mercies"; in discomforts, think of Him as a "God of all comfort;" in perplexities and distress, think of Him as a "God of wisdom’…”- Richard Sibbes,  Sermon on II Corinthians

"I go to prepare a place for you,” was one of the last and sweetest assurances that breathed from the lips of the departing Savior. Yes! He has passed within the veil as our Forerunner; He has prepared heaven for us, and by His gentle, wise, and loving discipline He is preparing us for heaven.Bereaved one! death enters not there. Sick one! diseases enfeebles not, wastes not there. Afflicted one! sorrow saddens not there. Oppressed one! cruelty injures not, wounds not there. Weeping one! tears spring not there. "The former things are passed away." The desert is passed, the ocean is crossed, the home is reached, and the soul finds itself in heaven, where all is the perfection of purity, and the plenitude of bliss.- Octavius Winslow

No comments:

Post a Comment