Search This Blog

Thursday 26 January 2017

I'm back!

It has been a  long time since I was active here but the arrival a new member has wakened me from my slumbers,or to be more accurate from my depression induced inactivity. Enjoy.

In the course of my life I have developed five little democratic questions. If one meets a powerful person--Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin or Bill Gates--ask them five questions: “What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.- Tony Benn

A Nation ... is a group of persons united by a common error about their ancestry and a common dislike of their neighbours. - Karl Deutsch, Nationality and Its Alternatives, 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment